NEW ORLEANS LA - DECEMBER 26: Head coach Monty Williams of the New Orleans Hornets talks with a player during the game against the Atlanta Hawks at the New Orleans Arena on December 26 2010 in New Orleans Louisiana. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that by downloading and or using this photograph User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images)
Your daily Links post. Happy St. Stephen's Day (in Eastern Europe only).
- Jimmy Smith of the Times-Pic notes that the Collective Bargaining agreement could provide extra revenues for smaller teams, which would bode well for keeping the Hornets in New Orleans.
- Speaking of Collective Bargaining, here's a great recap of how the NBA got to the edge of a lockout from SBNation's Denver Stiffs.
- The Times-Pic reports on Monty Williams' faith. When Monty was talking to Rohan at Summer League, one of the first things he started talking about was how he was trying to find a church in New Orleans that was as good as the one he left in Portland. Some sports figures use their faith for expedient purposes, but Monty is the real deal.
- Hornets247 recaps the Hornets' win over the Hawks, nothing that defense was the key.
- Reality check: The Hornets are 5th in the Western Conference by Basketball-Reference's Simple Rating System. They're first in the Conference in defense but third worst in offense.