NEW ORLEANS LA - JANUARY 22: Gary Neal #14 of the San Antonio Spurs drives the ball around Marco Belinelli #8 of the New Orleans Hornets at the New Orleans Arena on January 22 2011 in New Orleans Louisiana. The Hornets defeated the Spurs 96-72. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that by downloading and/or using this photograph User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Chris Graythen/Getty Images)
Your morning links. Happy Monday.
- Let's start off with this gif posted in the recap thread of Chris Paul breaking Tony Parker's ankles.
- Staying with At the Hive links, check out Red Hopeful's quick summary of Chris Paul's appearance on Inside the NBA last week.
- Jimmy Smith writes for the Times-Pic that Trevor Ariza stepped up against the Spurs despite the tendinitis in his right ankle.
- With the Hornets playing their final home game today before the end of the attendance benchmark measurement interval, an announcement is expected today about the team's future in New Orleans.
- Joel Brigham writes for HoopsWorld that though San Antonio and Los Angeles are considered the best teams in the west, the Hornets are starting to make a case for themselves.
- Rob Mahoney writes for the New York Times blog that the Hornets are staying relevant with an elite defense.
- Finally, here's a random one: did you know Chris Paul visited Lil Wayne when Wayne was in jail?