PHOENIX AZ - JANUARY 30: Marcus Thornton #5 of the New Orleans Hornets puts up a shot over Channing Frye #8 of the Phoenix Suns during the NBA game at US Airways Center on January 30 2011 in Phoenix Arizona. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that by downloading and or using this photograph User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)
Your morning links. Happy African American Coaches Day
- Let's start with the bad news: After playing every single game since March 28th, 2007, Emeka Okafor will be sidelined tonight with a strained oblique muscle. I don't imagine David Andersen or Didier Mbenga will get the start, so that leaves Jason Smith.
- Our old friend Mustafa Shakur is making waves with the Washington Wizards, who visit New Orleans tonight.
- Speaking of the Wizards, they're yet to win a road game in 24 attempts this season. I'd be lying if I said I'm not at least mildly terrified the Hornets might end that streak tonight.
- This is a couple days old, but Marc Spears (who I got to meet in Vegas; cool guy) has Chris Paul atop his list of MVP candidates.
- Here are some Synergy-provided defensive numbers on both the Wizards and the Hornets.
- Despite back to back losses, New Orleans still comes in at 6th in Hollinger's statistical rankings. As many of you have pointed out (and I have been hesitant to admit), two losses isn't something to get overly worked up about. Let's hope we pick things up tonight against Washington.