Your Friday Morning Links. Happy Marco Belinelli's Birthday!
- At the time of this writing, there's no additional news on the extent of David West's injury. An MRI is pending. It's being widely assumed around the web that he's done for the season, and with only 10 games left to play in the regular season, that seems likely. It's going to be tough for the Hornets to hang on to a playoff seed without West, but it could happen.
- Recaps from last night's insane game can be found here, here and here. Speaking of last night's game... game of the year? Nope. No way. Sorry Mr. Patrick Michael, but that win was way too bittersweet to even think about calling it the Hornets game of the year. Here's the ecstasy and here's the agony.
- This from a few days ago, but Joe Gerrity of Hornets247 wrote a nice article which explores why Hornets fans overwhelmingly want to see the Dallas Mavericks in the first round of the playoffs, if the Hornets get there. I agree with the sentiment, but it's definitely a case of "pick your poison."
- This is another article from a few days ago, this time from HoopsWorld. I found it interesting, but only because it quotes Marco Belinelli as saying that the Hornets "don't have a lot of problems on offense." Hmmm...
- As mentioned above, it's Marco's birthday today. Let's call it Beli Day. To celebrate you can go to a basketball court, make really long three-pointers and then have a friend run around with an Italian flag to celebrate every made shot. You could also set your car on fire and then tell people that said car "doesn't have a lot of problems."
- Best wishes to David West. Have a good day Hornets fans.