LOS ANGELES, CA - APRIL 17: Kobe Bryant #24 of the Los Angeles Lakers waits on the bench during pregame introductions before playing the New Orleans Hornets in Game One of the Western Conference Quarterfinals in the 2011 NBA Playoffs on April 17, 2011 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. The Hornets won 109-100. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Stephen Dunn/Getty Images)
In the wake of the Hornets' Game 1 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers, let's take a trip around the internet to see what is being e-said at various e-watercoolers.
- Let's start with some recaps of last night's action. From the perspective of the good guys, we've got recaps from Ryan of Hornets247, Mason from here and Hoopdat, Jake at Swarm and Sting, Jim at the Official, and video from the Times-Pic.
- Monty Williams noted that Aaron Gray has a "mild ankle sprain." That's certainly encouraging, given how severe the injury seemed at the time of occurrence. There seems to be some optimism that Gray can play in Wednesday's Game 2.
- The fame generated by Chris Paul's passing wizardry in Game 1 has spread far and wide; SBNation Bay Area has video of his ridiculous assist to Aaron Gray.
- Some numbers from the ESPN stats department on Chris Paul's game. Of note is the fact that he scored 22 points in the game's final 24 minutes.
- ESPN's Daily Dime today is also rather Chris Paul heavy.
- Here's a little Chris Paul rhyme from Stacheketball.
- This story was written by current SBNation editor Andy Hutchins three years ago, during the Hornets' 2008 playoffs run. It's a really great read on how he was inspired to become a Hornets fan by the play of Chris Paul, despite living in Florida.
Should be plenty more links coming in as the day goes on, so post 'em as you see fit.