Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports
David's got the full recap, but a quick rundown of the Hornets' latest loss:
- Another horrible night on the defensive glass, with Golden State recovering 39% of their own misses. Robin Lopez had 1 in 15 minutes, and Ryan Anderson had zero in 41 minutes.
- Ryan Anderson missed 10 of his 14 threes in a pretty miserable shooting performance. On the plus side, he did get to the line quite often (8 for 8) after consistently being denied free throws for obvious contact for much of the season to date.
- Anderson and Anthony Davis (15/16/4 steals) finished 15 for 15 from the stripe, and the team was 17 for 17 overall. Still, Golden State won the free throw battle by getting there 34 times and hitting 29.
- The Hornets' sad rebounding and Golden State's free throws ensured that a decent turnover and shooting night wouldn't be nearly enough.
- As Oleh speculated last week, Dominic McGuire has seemingly become firmly entrenched in the lineup. He saw 26 minutes in this game, but on the plus side was one of the team's very few decent rebounders.
- 12 points (on 11 shots) and 4 assists from Austin Rivers in 30 minutes of work isn't terrible to see at all. Greivis had a nice, efficient line (20/11/5 on 13 shots) alongside him.