I will make this quick and I hope this initiates some interesting offseason ideas from our community that could be made by the Hornets (wow feels good to say that). I feel like if the raptors can get the 3rd seed next year, then that is a realistic goal for us as well. Here are some moves that I hope that we make:
- Trade Hendo, Biyombo, and 45th pick to Boston for Bradley, Wallace, and 17th pick. – Similar to the pistons, Boston will probably pay a lot to get from under Wallace’s terrible contract. We get also get Avery Bradley who is a solid defensive SG and can hit shots.
- Draft Noah Vonleh with 9th pick– Easily the biggest sleeper in the draft. Reminds me a bit of Andre Drummond in that he was highly recruited but under performed on a terrible team. Has great defensive ability and is much better than Biz is offensively. I think he and Zeller will be our front court of the future under the tutelage of Patrick Ewing.
- Draft TJ Warren with 17th pick – I am a bit biased but you will not find a more fluid scorer in this draft. TJ does it all on the offensive side besides hitting a consistent 3. He gets after it defensively and is highly coachable. He can split time with MKG at the 3 position
- Draft PJ Hairston with 24th pick- This one is for all you Tarheel fans out there. You will not find a better value at this point in the draft. Hairston fits our need at SG perfectly. Though there is the attitude problem that this organization tends to avoid, I think this situation is a bit different because of MJ’s connection the Carolina. I think PJ has seen what his life would be if he continues this type of lifestyle with his stint in the D-league.
- Resign Josh McRoberts – He possesses skills at the PF position that not many others do. I also like that he has a mean streak.