I'm going to make this recap short as I've got a lot to do tonight, so just bullet points.
- Stephen Jackson: 35 points on 22 shots is excellent. Maybe playing in his more natural SF position will help his effectiveness? Or maybe Hedo Turkoglu and Jason Richardson are both bad defenders. Probably the latter.
- Where to begin? Henderson didn't show up on offense, finishing 2-13 from the field. His defense wasn't bad, but we needed him to score.
- D.J. Augustin - ineffective on offense, bad defense. 'Nuff said.
- Bench/New guys: Shaun Livingston wasn't bad, but no one else came to play. I can give the new guys a pass on tonight's game without problem. It takes time to adjust to a new team. I want to see Dante Cunningham get more time though. Przybilla got better as the night went on, mostly on the defensive side. The Bobcats haven't had a guy with this size for a long time. I'm interested to see what he can add to the team.
- Boris Diaw: He wasn't bad. 11 points on 5-11 shooting with 9 rebounds and 3 assists. I'd still like to see him get his shot down or post up more.
- Big men: Dwight Howard is a beast. I think holding him to 20 points and 10 rebounds on 12 shots is pretty decent. Not great, but with the Bobcats' group of centers, what more can one expect?
In short, this Bobcats team just isn't as talented as the Magic.