I think we've all had enough doom and gloom here to last us a little while. I mean, we are implementing a Hornets panic level meter. We need some happy around here. Maybe not 24 hours of Happy happy, but something. That's what we are here for at At The Hive — looking out for our fans and giving you the best Hornets news possible.
So, let's start with the happy.
- It looks like Al Jefferson is doing his best Hollow Man impression in the new NBA Live game. Can you imagine the damage we could do with an invisible Al Jefferson on the court? Or better yet, how funny it would be to see a basketball just magically dribbling itself?
- Remember: it can always be worse. For example, you can blow winning a game by missing a wide open, uncontested layup on a breakaway. Right, Brandon Knight? Or your team can be so bad that the age-old debate of can a college team beat you now involves your favorite team (keep in mind that this was us not too long ago. We feel your pain, Sixers fans.).
- While Lance Stephenson may be infuriating fans with his inconsistent play, he has been a gold mine when it comes to memes and gifs. His latest 'slap yourself in the face' gif is just another example of this. Even if you strongly dislike Stephenson, this will bring a smile to your face.
- Foot Locker's Week of Greatness is back, which means their amazing commercials are back. Last year, this included Mike Tyson returning Evander Holyfield's ear. This year? This year's crop includes Manny Pacquiao getting excited, John Cena getting angry, James Harden finally getting defensive, and Tim Duncan getting REALLY excited.
- David Blatt, the coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers, really just wants to coach his team. LeBron James makes sure that doesn't happen.
- Vince Carter returned to Toronto earlier this week when the Memphis Grizzlies took on the Raptors. Toronto played a tribute to Carter prior to the game that brought him to tears. It is absolutely worth watching, plus I know you are curious what it would take to make Vince Carter cry.
- Finally, the Washington Wizards came up with possibly the best answer to the age-old question of 'What is the best way to kill time on an off day and you have access to an entire basketball arena all to yourself?' You obviously play FIFA on the jumbotron.
Now let's all cheer up and have a great Friday! And if you haven't yet, make sure that you read this great piece on Kemba Walker.