It’s the most wonderful time of the year — we’re nearly at the start of the regular NBA season. At the Hive needs new leadership heading into this season. Could you be our next site manager?
If you’re reading this, it’s reasonable to assume you love the Hornets and the community we’ve built here at At the Hive. Keep reading to see if this is the right opportunity for you.
What are we looking for?
We need someone who’s knowledgeable about the Hornets and capable of managing the site’s social media accounts and a staff of contributors. Previous writing experience is preferred.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best site manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Hornets and news.
- Already enjoy reading, commenting, and participating in the At the Hive community.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be a self-starter and comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
Submit a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample through the Vox Media job board. If you have any questions about the role or the application process please reach out to SB Nation’s Talent Manager for Team Brands, Jeanna Thomas, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a remote, part-time contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred. If your background and experience don’t perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.