Today is the big day. It’s trade deadline day. By today’s 3:00 EST deadline, seismic shifts will have occurred in the NBA landscape. Contenders will have become pretenders. Pretenders will have become contenders. Or maybe a few teams will exchange bench players for second round picks. You never know what will happen.
The NBA has gone crazy with trades the past few days. Hopefully they’re harbingers of another busy day today.
On the Hornets side of things, there was a report that Charlotte was very close to acquiring Marc Gasol, then later reports stated the deal was probably not going to happen, and then Rick Bonnell said Gasol still expects to be a Hornet, so who knows.
The Hornets have been linked to several other high profile targets, including Andre Drummond and Bradley Beal. We’ll see if they can make a big splash or have to settle for less.
We’ll try to keep this post updated with all the trades that come through today. @wojespn and @ShamsCharania are always good follows on Twitter to keep up with breaking news and rumors. You can also just hang out in the comment section of this post since I’m sure many At The Hive commenters will be all over the Twitter machine and sharing their findings here.
Pre-Deadline Day Deals
- The Mavericks acquired Kristaps Porzingis, Tim Hardaway Jr., Trey Burke, and Courtney Lee in exchange for Dennis Smith Jr., DeAndre Jordan, Wesley Matthews, and two first round picks (Link)
- The Trail Blazers acquired Rodney Hood from the Cavaliers for Wade Baldwin IV, Nik Stauskas, and a couple second rounders (Link)
- The Lakers acquired Reggie Bullock from the Pistons for Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk and a second round pick (Link)
- The 76ers acquired Tobias Harris, Boban Marjanovic, and Mike Scott from the Clippers for Landry Shamet, Mike Muscala, Wilson Chandler, their 2020 first round pick, the Heat’s 2021 first round pick, and two second round picks (Link)
- The Pistons sent Stanley Johnson to the Bucks in exchange for Thon Maker (Link)
- The Heat sent Tyler Johnson and Wayne Ellington to the Suns in exchange for Ryan Anderson (Link)
- The Rockets, Cavaliers, and Kings agreed on a three team deal that sent Iman Shumpert, Wade Baldwin IV, and Nik Stauskas (yes, the very same pair from a few lines ago) to the Rockets, Alec Burks to the Kings, and Marquese Chriss, Brandon Knight, and the Rockets 2019 first round pick to the Cavs (Link)
- The Bulls acquired Otto Porter Jr. in exchange for Bobby Portis, Jabari Parker, and a future second round pick (Link)
- The Kings acquired Harrison Barnes from the Mavericks (during the Hornets/Mavs game no less) for Justin Jackson and Zach Randolph (Link)
- The Wizards sent Markieff Morris to the Pelicans in exchange for Wesley Johnson (Link)
Deadline Day Deals
- The Rockets are sending James Ennis to the 76ers for swap rights to a 2021 second round pick (Link)
- The Pelicans are sending Nikola Mirotic to the Bucks for Stanley Johnson, Jason Smith and second round picks (Link)
- The Rockets sent buddies Nik Stauskas and Wade Baldwin along with a second round pick so the Pacers could waive the duo (Link)
- The Grizzlies sent Garrett Temple and JaMychal Green to the Clippers for Avery Bradley (Link)
- The Grizzlies sent Marc Gasol to the Raptors for Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, C.J. Miles, and a future second-round pick (Link)
- The Lakers are sending Michael Beasley and Ivica Zubac to the Clippers for Mike Muscala (Link)
- The Kings traded Skal Labissiere to the Blazers for Caleb Swanigan (Link)
- The Grizzlies have traded Shelvin Mack to the Hawks (Link)
- The Magic acquired Markelle Fultz from the 76ers in exchange for Jonathon Simmons, the Thunder’s first round pick, and the Cavs second round pick (Link)
- The Raptors traded Greg Monroe and a second round pick to the Nets (Link)