The Charlotte Hornets hosted their sixth round of pre-draft workouts on Saturday.
Jon Axel Gudmundsson from Davidson was originally supposed to participate, but he was replaced at the last minute by Tookie Brown for unspecified reasons. The full list of participiants:
- Reggie Perry, Forward, Mississippi State
- Tookie Brown, Guard, Georgia Southern
- Nathan Knight, Forward, William & Mary
- Josh Reaves, Guard, Penn State
- Ar’Mond Davis, Guard, Santa Barbara
- Quinndary Weatherspoon, Forward, Mississippi State
Quinndary Weatherspoon and Josh Reaves highlight this group and would be in play for the Hornets final selection at 52nd overall. The others are likely summer league invitees and tryout players.
Reaves is a defensive specialist on the wing. He averaged 3.0 steals and 1.2 blocks per 40 minutes and had a stellar +6.5 defensive box plus/minus.
Weatherspoon led the Bulldogs in scoring, averaging 18.5 points per game while shooting 40% from three and 81% of the line. And he got to work out with his college teammate Reggie Perry, which is pretty cool.