This is the team’s third round of pre-draft workouts and is perhaps the most recognizable group of names thus far. They are:
- Shaqquan Aaron, Guard, USC
- Kyle Alexander, Forward, Tennessee
- Kavell Bigby-Williams, Forward, LSU
- Jarrell Brantley, Forward, College of Charleston
- Caleb Martin, Guard, Nevada
- Tres Tinkle, Forward, Oregon State
Caleb Martin’s name jumps out immediately. He’s been on the NBA radar since last season when he and his twin brother Cody led Nevada to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament. As a senior, he averaged 19.2 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game for the Wolf Pack of Nevada (ironic that he and his brother transferred from NC State to Nevada. They must really like the Wolfpack name).
The other name that stands out is Tres Tinkle, and not just because his name is Tres Tinkle. He averaged 20.8 points, 8.1 rebounds, 3.7 assists, and 1.7 steals per game playing for his dad at Oregon State. No player has approached that line for a Power-5 school since Evan Turner did it for Ohio State in 2019-10.