The NBA released the schedule for the 2019-20 season today. The Charlotte Hornets unveiled theirs in a nifty, movie-themed presentation:
Here are some key dates on the schedule:
- The Hornets open the season at home on the second day of the NBA calendar. They’ll host the Chicago Bulls in a tanktastic opener on October 23rd.
- The Hornets play against the two Los Angeles teams on back-to-back nights early in the season. They’ll play the Lakers on October 27th and the Clippers on October 28th. Both games will be in the Staples Center.
- Jeremy Lamb will make his return to Charlotte on November 5th, one game before Kemba Walker makes his return.
- Kemba Walker will make his return to Charlotte on November 7th. This was first reported by Shams Charania of The Athletic. This game will be nationally televised on TNT. It is the only nationally televised game currently on the Hornets schedule.
- Frank Kaminsky will play his first game as a visitor to the Spectrum Center on December 2nd.
- The Hornets will host the Celtics again on New Years Eve at 3:00 in the afternoon.
- The Hornets will play the Milwaukee Bucks in Paris on January 24th. This game will count as a home game for the Hornets.
- The Hornets will play their final home game on April 13th against the Miami Heat and will wrap up the season on the road against the Philadelphia 76ers on April 15th.
Other schedule notes:
- The Hornets will play just 12 back-to-backs, three fewer than last season, as the NBA will be cutting down on back-to-backs once again.
- The longest road trip of the season is just four games, which will occur on three separate occasions- in late October/early November, mid November, and mid January.