The Charlotte Hornets held their annual media day today. We’ve got quotes on quotes on quotes to dissect, so let’s get to it.
- Borrego says that he needs to see more competitive edge from Malik Monk defensively.
- He heavily emphasized the need for two way players. Thinks Bacon will get there. That need also means there’s room for Batum in the rotation.
- Borrego is excited about PJ Washington and expects him to get minutes.
- He also expects camp to be very competitive, citing two open roster spots.
- He’s more comfortable heading into his second season as coach. That bodes well for him asserting himself.
- It’s going to take a group effort to replace Kemba Walker’s production. Borrego will demand that the ball move better this season.
- Borrego has no idea what his starting lineup will be at this point.
- Terry Rozier doesn’t care about your stupid blog. Reiterates the chip he plays with.
- Rozier has had enough of the Kemba comparisons.
- Rozier wants to push the pace and show he’s not a selfish player.
- Graham said his time in Greensboro was beneficial. Helped him get game time and reps.
- Graham’s goals for the season are to stay healthy, do his job, and have fun. Those are some goals I can get behind.
- He says it’s special to be looked at as a go-to guy this season.
- Bacon wanted to be in Greensboro last season. He just loves to play basketball.
- We’ll see how this pans out
- As difficult as it is to lose Kemba Walker on the court, Williams says it’s tough not having him in the locker room.
- Williams says Borrego has been very clear with his expectations for the veterans and has the respect of the locker room.
- Williams likes the Hornets core. Group is young, but they’re the right kind of people.
- He thought about opting out this summer, but ultimately elected to make the financially prudent decision. Plus he loves Michael Jordan.
- He doesn’t know what his role will be on the team this season.
- Batum says he and the rest of the roster have to score more to make up for the departures of Kemba Walker and Jeremy Lamb.
- Nic is ready to embrace a more vocal role on the defensive end of the floor.
- Cody feels healthy and is hoping for better injury luck
- He is very sad about Kemba leaving for Boston
- Cody can’t speak French
- Hernangomez acknowledged his need to be more focused on the defensive end of the floor.
- He’s trying to be a more complete player on both ends of the floor.
- Biyombo called Terry Rozier a great addition and says everyone was working all summer.
- Martin wasn’t pleased with his play in the Summer League.
- He loves to defend and has been working on his outside shooting.
- Monk is excited for this season and the opportunities that come with it.
- Monk weighed 182 pounds and the end of last season. He weighs 205 now.
- Monk is anxious to start, and Borrego wants him to be more aggressive.
- Borrego told Bridges he has the potential to be a Kawhi-like defender.
- Bridges’ goal is to shoot at least 38% from three this season.
- He thinks this team can function like the Denver Nuggets.
- He wants to dunk on Draymond Green.
- Bridges thinks he can compete with Damian Lillard as a rapper, but doesn’t want to end up on a Lillard diss track.
- Washington says his foot is back to normal but doesn’t know if he’ll start the season in with the Swarm or the Hornets. He has no issue with playing for the Swarm if the coaching staff feels it’s best.
- He needs to assert himself defensively and on the boards