The NBA transaction window opened on Monday, and it did so with a bang. I’ll update this thread periodically with the newsworthy transactions that occur, particularly if they aren’t Charlotte Hornets-related. Obviously if the Hornets do something big, it’ll get its own post.
The only piece of Hornets news so far is that Nicolas Batum opted into the final year of his contract, which was the most obvious opt-in of all time.
Elsewhere around the league...
- The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired Dennis Schroder from the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for Danny Green and the 28th pick in the 2020 NBA Draft
- The Brooklyn Nets have acquired Bruce Brown from the Detroit Pistons in exchange for Dzanan Musa and a 2021 2nd round pick (via Toronto)
- The Phoenix Suns have acquired Chris Paul and Abdel Nader from the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for Kelly Oubre, Ricky Rubio, Ty Jerome, Jalen Lecque, and a 2022 first round pick
- The Milwaukee Bucks have acquired Jrue Holiday from the New Orleans Pelicans in exchange for George Hill, Eric Bledsoe, and three first round picks
- The Milwaukee Bucks will also acquire Bogdan Bogdanovic from the Sacramento Kings in a sign-and-trade in exchange for Donte DiVincenzo, DJ Wilson, and Ersan Ilyasova
- The Portland Trailblazers will acquire Robert Covington from the Houston Rockets in exchange for Trevor Ariza, the 16th pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, and a 2021 first round pick
- The Oklahoma City Thunder have acquired Al Horford from the Philadelphia 76ers in exchange for Danny Green, Terrance Ferguson, the 34th pick, and a 2025 first round pick
- The Detroit Pistons have acquired Trevor Ariza and the 16th pick in exchange for a 2021 second round pick and a future first round pick
This is now an open thread!