Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the NBA is releasing its schedule in halves to better prepare for any delays or cancellations that may occur during the season. The first half was released today, so we now know the Charlotte Hornets schedule through March 3rd.
Here are some key dates and takeaways (it’s a weird schedule):
- The Hornets tip off the regular season in Cleveland on December 23rd at 7:00 pm
- The first home game on the new court will be December 26th against the Thunder
- The Hornets play one major nationally televised game, and it’s exactly what you might think. LaMelo Ball and the Hornets will play Lonzo Ball and the Pelicans on ESPN on January 8th.
- The Hornets are currently slated to play four games on NBATV
- The Hornets will play the same team in consecutive games four times: at the 76ers on January 2nd and 4th, at the (Tampa) Raptors on January 14th and 16th, at the Magic on January 24th and 25th, and home versus the Pacers on January 27th and 29th.
- The Hornets host the Trail Blazers at 1:00 on Super Bowl Sunday
- 14 of the last 15 games in the first half of the season will come against Western Conference opponents
- Between January 27th and February 20th, the Hornets will play 12 home games and two road games
- That is immediately followed by a six game road trip, all against Western Conference teams, that will take the team into the All Star Break
- There are no revenge games between the Hornets and Celtics, but those will surely be intriguing in the second half of the season
Anything I missed? What parts of the schedule are you most excited about?