When: 3:00 pm EDT
Where: Coz Pavilion; Las Vegas, NV
How to watch: ESPNU
The summer league Hornets are off to a rough start. They’re 0-2, and both games saw them fall behind early and stay an arm’s length behind for the rest of the game. Today’s matinee with the 0-2 Spurs gives them a good chance to notch that ever important Summer League victory.
The Spurs have a few interesting pieces to watch—first round pick Joshua Primo is one of the youngest players we’ve seen enter the league in quite a while; he won’t turn 19 until December. They also feature last year’s draft picks Devin Vassell and Tre Jones. Jones has probably been the best of the Spurs thus far, averaging 19.5 points and 5.5 assists through two games.
As for the Hornets side of things, here’s what I’ll be watching for:
- Can James Bouknight and Kai Jones bounce back after rough showings against the Kings
- Will Vernon Carey get burn and outperform Nick Richards, who looked very apathetic for a second year player who may or may not be battling for a roster spot last time out
- Can Arnoldas Kulboka stay aggressive on the offensive end
- Will LiAngelo Ball continue to make a case for a roster spot
- More glimpses of what JT Thor can bring to the table